Most interviews run for about 15 to 30 minutes, sometimes longer, and it could be either a face-to-face, one-on-one interview, a series of two or three interviews held over the course of one or two weeks, or a panel interview wherein a group of applicants is interviewed one by one. Obviously, there are other factors that are considered when hiring an applicant, such as testing and background checks.
While these are important, the interview still serves as the basis for making that decision to hire the applicant. To begin with, the interviewer is capable of extracting pertinent information from the applicant and skilled enough to determine whether or not he or she is not honest with his or her answers.
Unfortunately for a lot of jobseekers, it is this all-important phase of becoming an employed individual is one that makes them jittery. There is no doubt that the job interview in Sydney is a tough undertaking, since many find providing the right answers to the interviewers’ questions a struggle. It even gets tougher in cutthroat industries like event management.
The industry of event management services in Sydney is thriving, attracting many applicants from different parts of Sydney to apply for a job in a forex trading company. So, if you are planning to try your chances in event management industry, you should be equipped with knowledge that will help you ace your job interview.
Below is a list of some of the job interview tips jobseekers should consider so that they could further their chances in a job in a forex trading company:
- Researching the prospective employer is important. Applicants must be able to obtain the company’s background, particularly the products or services that it offers and the overall culture of the workplace. This is helpful in communicating with the interviewer, since showing great interest to the job is imperative. Basically, you should know the answer to the question: what is forex trading?
- Grooming and dressing up are likewise important during the job interview. Appearance create first impressions, and the way job applicants dress during the interview proper dictates the chances of them being hired by their prospective employers.
- Punctuality matters. It is expected for applicants to arrive on schedule for their interviews. Being late would create a bad first impression, which lessens their chances of getting hired.
- Honesty is the best policy. It may sound so cliché, but it pays to answer honestly and directly to the interview questions. Any inconsistencies may cause the employer to deny applicants the job.
- Go straight to the point. In answering interview questions, it is best to answer in detail, but interviewees must consider saying the most important things. So, if you are asked what is forex trading, you should give a concise answer. It would also be best to provide answers that showcase the applicants’ skills or strengths.
- Be a good listener. Applicants must let the interviewer know that they are listening and is showing interest by maintaining eye contact with him or her. The interview proper should be about having that focused mindset in answering the interview questions, but in case a question is not clear, it is perfectly fine to ask for clarification.
Taking note of these tips enable applicants to enhance their chances of getting hired by their prospective employer. However, they should also be aware of the fact that there are some interview questions that may seem too personal, especially if it is related to their own protected characteristic. Going that route during the interview proper could influence their likelihood of getting hired.