We’ve all heard of the saying “A dog is a man’s best friend”. But some pet owners take this best friend status very seriously even acting as match maker for their beloved pooches.
If you are looking for a wedding venue for yourself it is definitely worth searching for Wedding Hotel Venue Wye Valley where you will stumble upon http://www.thespeechhouse.co.uk/weddings/. Now they may not be able to help with your furrier wedding needs but they certainly can provide a beautiful venue for us humans.
Before you start to think that this is complete madness there is a certain sense to the proceedings. Many owners need to ensure that their pedigree mutts are paired off with a suitable mate to ensure that the blood line is kept pure and traceable. The winners that you see at Crufts or other prestigious dog shows are not a mix of breeds they are not, to use the impolite term, mongrels or in a nicer way a “57 varieties”. It is vitally important that the Breeder can show the pedigree of the dog as this will be worth an enormous amount of money. Therefore, making the pairing “official” adds a bit more weight. That is, of course, the official line but some people do it because it’s cutesy fun. How then do you organise one? As with any wedding it needs a lot planning.
- Selected guests and send out invites. It’s an idea to invite no rowdy Dogs. Naturally the owners will need to come to. If you Dog’s have other close dog friends, make them best Dog and DogBridesmaid.
- Get an official to conduct it. Yes, they do exist.
- Pick a venue. It is vital that you choose one that allows and even caters for Dogs. One idea is to go for a summer wedding in the park, if your happy to do this in public.
- Pick a caterer. Dogs like humans have dietary needs and its very important that for things to go well all diets are catered for. If you don’t want the expense it’s still a very good idea to make sure that you are aware of all the canines food needs to avoid any embarrassments.
- Plan out the ceremony. This depends on the calmness and obedience of the Dogs involved. “Do you Rover take this female Snuggles to be your lawful wedded mate “Bark, Woof etc”, may not be an option if the Dogs won’t play ball. Or maybe they would rather play ball and that’s the problem.
- Make sure the Official calls that fact the Dogs are now married otherwise it’s not legally binding.
- This is a tricky one. Will the Dogs stay in the veil and Top Hat? There are outfits that can be bought but it might be a better idea to let the dogs “go naked” as it were and just let the handlers have a good time dressing up instead.
Best wishes to the happy couple.