Wheelchairs are something that anybody might need due to any emergency. It might be that old age is catching up for which it has become difficult to move from one place to another, or it just might be that there has been an accident because of which you might be facing a difficulty to walk. Thus wheelchairs might be necessary at any point of time.
One of the most recent additions, which have taken over the world of wheelchairs by a storm are electric wheelchairs. More and more people are opting for this while some still remain a bit skeptical even about using the best electric wheelchair. Well if you are in two minds about whether to use an electric wheelchair or not, here are the pros and cons of the same which will help you to make an informed decision:
The pros of using an electric wheelchair
- The biggest advantage of using an electric wheelchair is that it is very easy to use. You can move about extremely easy with just the press of a button and hence it is really useful for those who have difficulty in maneuvering their movement.
- The other huge advantage of having an electric wheelchair is that they come in various types. There are some which can be controlled by the one sitting in the wheelchair while there are others which can be programmed to be automated which is particularly useful for those who have problems with their hand and legs coordination. Thus electric wheelchairs have everything for everyone.
- When it comes to electric wheelchairs you will be able to operate it all on your own and you will not have to depend on anybody else to travel from one place to another. Thus when you use electric wheelchairs, you are far more independent in terms of moving about from place to place.
The cons of using an electric wheelchair
- The biggest disadvantage of using an electric wheelchair is that it they are usually not foldable and hence it is very difficult to carry one from one place to another. However this problem can be solved quite easily if you are prepared to spend a few extra bucks. If you spend some extra amount of money, then you will be able to get electric wheelchairs that can be disabled and carried from one place to another with ease.
- The other thing that works against the use of electric wheelchairs is that they are very expensive, at least way more than the manual ones and hence not everybody can afford one. So if you are planning on buying one, you will need to save up a little for it.
- Last but not the least, another disadvantage is that these electric wheelchairs are mostly meant for permanent use and are not so good if you need them temporarily. Thus you can only opt for electric wheelchairs for a long term use.
Now that you have an idea about the various advantages and disadvantages, you can make your choice with ease!