A picnic is basically an excursion which ideally takes place in a scenic landscape like beside a beautiful lake or in a park. Picnics are more often than not family oriented but a picnic can also be a romantic getaway for two people or a large get together like school picnics or company picnics.
There are plenty of picnic spots in Ahmedabad, and I have listed a few of the best places in the city for a picnic. There are lots of hotels in Ahmedabad also where you can spend a weekend and relax as well.
- Maniar’s Wonderland – This is the place to go for a picnic with your family if you have a few kids in your family. Kids will absolutely have a blast here with all sorts of rides available. There’s a snow park, dessert bikes, Aqua Park and lots more to do here. This place is located only 13 km away from Ahmedabad, so it is relatively easy to go and return the same day.
- Indroda Nature Park –This nature park is located very close to the river Sabarmati. This is a very popular picnic destination for people who love nature. It is called India’s Jurassic park as it is among the largest hatcheries of dinosaur eggs in the entire world. This is located at a distance of just 25 km from Ahmedabad.
- Thol bird sanctuary– This is basically an artificial wetland and it is situated in the district of Mehsana. This is a very famous picnic spot located at a distance of 28 km from Ahmedabad. The key attraction is that this wetland hosts the tallest bird in the world, the Sarus crane. It is definitely a great spot for a family picnic. It is quiet and very scenic.
- Zanzari Waterfalls- If your family is very fond of adventures, then this is the place for you. This waterfall is located about 75 km away from Ahmedabad. To reach the waterfall, you have to complete a trek of 3.5 km. The Zanzari waterfall situated on Vatrak River is absolutely gorgeous. This would provide you and your family with the perfect outing for a day.
- Lothal- This is a historic place situated about 78 km from Ahmedabad, and it is perfect for a nice quaint picnic with family. Lothal is situated at the southernmost part of the great Harappan civilisation and the ruins give you a very clear idea of how great their town planning was. Also, the Lothal museum has lots of amazing archaeological findings for you to see which would make your trip educational along with relaxing.
The five places mentioned above are by far the best places to go for picnic with your family in Ahmedabad. If you are not too much of an outdoor person, and you just want to relax and let your hair down and just be with your family maybe for a few days, then there are a few Ahmedabad resorts which would be able to satisfy your needs. All in all, if you are looking for a place to go on a picnic with your family in Ahmedabad be it for a day or a few, then you would be spoilt for choices because all of the above places have their own charm and are worthy of a visit.