Canada is a country which is considered to be quite flexible with its law and rule structure hence many of the people who aspire to settle abroad plan to settle in Canada. The culture of the country offers a blend of various different cultures as the country is home to people from various nationalities.
The beauty of the country is one of the reason that it is mostly considered by the people. For those who are planning to move to Canada, there are a lot of immigration plans which includes Express Entry System, Quebec Skilled Worker program, Provincial Nominee Programs etc.
What can permanent residents do in Canada?
If you become the permanent resident of Canada then you can avail the below-mentioned advantages
- You can live, work and study anywhere in Canada.
- You can get all the social benefits that are given to a Canadian citizen like life insurance, medical benefit etc.
- Protection under all the Canadian law as per decided by the Canadian government.
- You can apply for Canadian citizenship.
But yes there are things that a permanent residence cannot do which are
- You cannot vote or run a political office.
- Jobs that require high-level security clearance cannot be offered to people with PR.
Apply for immigration Canada Permanent resident online, there are some rules to be eligible for Canadian PR which are mandatory to be met by each candidate who is applying to be a permanent resident in Canada. If you are a permanent resident, but you travel outside Canada then it is mandatory that you stay in Canada for at least 2 years in every 5 years. However, if you fail to be available then the PR status gets cancelled.
Key documents required to apply for Canada Resident visa
- Sufficient funds to support your application
- Skills assessment test
- Educational Credential Assessment report
- Original copies of all the education documents like degrees, diplomas, personal identification documents, sponsor letters, Mark sheet etc.
- Language Test Results (IELTS)
- Few more documents based on your visa categories.
- Additional fees.
There are different pathways to get the Canadian PR, these different programs or categories can be studies and based on your skills you can apply under any of these programs.
- Skilled Immigrants Program (Express Entry)
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program
- Self-employed Person Program
- Startup visa
- Sponsorship programs.
Out of all the entries, the best is considered to be the express entry, the approximate processing time is 6 months, however, if there is any delay in document verification, medical certification, LMIA approval from Canadian Employer in a case where you have got a Canadian job offer. It is always recommended to apply for this type of entry through an authorized immigration advisory and you can find a lot of such consultants online and offline. The reason behind involving a consultant is, this whole process has a lot of rounds and requires a lot of documents hence of you are good with paperwork, you can apply by yourself but if not then it is highly recommended to involve an experienced consultant.